Wednesday 5 January 2011

On... a new newsletter

I send out a newsletter every now and again, just to say hi to people who've emailed me in the past year. And this is the one I sent out today. Want to get the next one? Just email gemma@gemmaburgess.com with 'Email Me' in the subject line.

Why, happy new year, you funky funsters.

Hope you had a delightful Christmas.

The Fox and I went to Ireland to see his family, and then to Hong Kong to stay with my parents. I regressed into my usual Christmas childishness. I lay in bed and yelled for mum to come and talk to me. I ate chocolate before I cleaned my teeth. I refused to share the contents of my Christmas stocking. I forced Fox to watch Annie, Calamity Jane, and Grease 1 and 2. It was damn good fun. He is so glad he married me, I can't tell you.

I used to wonder if I'd ever stop acting like a nine-year-old at Christmas, and I have now decided that the answer is no. No I will not. And no one can make me. So there.

Anyway. So here's the big news of the week: A Girl Like You is finally out. Yippee! They tell me it's available in every Waterstones, WH Smith and Tesco and of course from lovely old Amazon. If you buy it, I'll be your BFF. Seriously. We will get one of those necklaces with the hearts, you know, and you'll keep one side and I'll keep the other, seriously, for realsies.

Wow I am really being immature. Sorry, ignore me. Oh, by the way. In case we're not blog fwiends (www.gemmaburgess.blogspot.com) or Facebook fwiends, by the way, come and find me. Please.

Word to your mother.

Gem x

PS I'm not having a launch party, by the way. I had one for The Dating Detox, but since it was my first book it was really just my usual friends, and instead of getting drunk in a bar, we got drunk in a bookshop. I don't really like being the centre of attention - yep, even though I am a show-off, it's one of the marvellous dichotomies of moi - so I decided not to have one for A Girl Like You. I always think having a party in January is a big ask, anyway: all anyone really wants to do is go home and curl oneself around a hot chocoalte / duvet / man. But I will be opening a bottle of champagne tomorrow and raising a toast to everyone who liked The Dating Detox enough to tell me, and hoping that they enjoy A Girl Like You just as much, too. And that's you.

PPS By the way, if you don't live in the UK, The Book Depository delivers free, worldwide. Pretty cool, huh? Even if you don't order A Girl Like You, please order something, if only to encourage the whole concept of free delivery. By the same token, I always order pork belly when it's on the menu, and I buy almost any underwired bras that aren't padded and pushed to the bewoopsit. Why do they think I want to rest my chin on my tits? Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment